Friday, December 31, 2004

About Us

SANY0068

Hi! I’m Meghan. I wanted to create this blog, so I could share with you readers the knowledge I have gained from being a DIYer! I LOVE interior design. It has been so much fun owning older homes and getting to put a little of ourselves into them.

Here is a little about my family. I am married to Jeff, a proclaimer of God’s word. We have been together since I was 15 and he was 17. We married on New Year’s Eve 2004. Since being married we have lived in multiple cities around the U.S. We started off in a tiny studio apartment in Fairhope, AL. We moved 6 months after we were married to Memphis, Tennessee for Jeff to go to preaching school. Two years later he graduated and then we headed out to our first work in Tulsa, Oklahoma where Jeff worked as a youth minister. We lived in Tulsa for a year and four months and then decided to move closer to home and our families. Next stop was Greenville, Alabama for two years where he also worked as a youth minister. Now we are in Piedmont, Alabama and Jeff is working as a full-time pulpit minister.

We love our new home so much and hope to never move. Not only is the location beautiful, the people here are kinder than we deserve.

A little about our home

The house we call our home was built in 1947. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath. It has only had one owner before us, and they were the ones that built our house. We live in a quiet little neighborhood only 1/2 a mile from the building where Jeff works. Our neighbors are wonderful and have made us feel so welcomed. On any given day you can see fathers pushing around their kids on plastic toys, or mothers jogging with their strollers and babies in tow. From our yard you can see Dugger mountain. Jeff and I plan to backpack on some of the trails and camp out there in the near future. Not only is there camping, but we have rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and an amazing running/biking trail. Being the active people that we are: we are in heaven!

About Meghan

compressed34

I currently do not have a full-time job besides being a homemaker (and a renovator of our home), but I do model part-time and I am a photographer. Meghan Stacy Photography My website hasn’t been updated since we’ve moved. A lot of my newer shots you can see on my facebook fan page: Fan Page. I love shooting and editing photos. It’s so addicting. I am always looking for new things to photograph. Besides my photography I love to cook, knit, crochet, sew, paint, scrapbook, stamp, and do just about anything crafty. I’ve been throwing around the idea of finishing my bachelors, but I’m still not sure what the future holds, as far as that is concerned. I love being a wife. Jeff is my best friend. I honestly can’t remember a time that we weren’t Jeff & Meghan. I love staying home because I get to spend so much time with him. God has blessed me in so many ways!

About Jeff

Jeffrey Dale 014

This is Jeff! My jokester! He probably won’t be writing on this blog, but let me assure you he does most of the work on our home. He’s my electrician, plumber, and all around handyman. I love him dearly. As previously stated, Jeff is an evangelist. He is currently finishing up his bachelor’s in bible at Amridge University. Jeff loves the ocean. He scuba dives, skis (snow and water), and swims like a fish. Even though he loves the water (we both grew up on the Gulf), almost every day he states how beautiful it is here. I really think he loves it. He is always coming up with adventures for us to go on. Jeff enjoys music. He plays the drums, guitar, and the Xbox (oh did I put that in here)? Jeff also enjoys ultimate frisbee, disc golf, and just about any other passive sport. I’m the aggressive, competitive one in the family! I can’t help it, it’s in my blood. Anyways, I love this guy with all my heart. He is the best person I know.

I hope you will enjoy keeping up with us on this blog. I’m going to try my best to keep it updated as much as possible.

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No comments: