Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gotta Love the Barter System.

 

Have you bartered lately?  I have.  I love to barter.  Someone’s trash is always someone else’s treasure.  I am lovin’ my latest barter, but first I want to show you one of the things I sent my friend’s way.  Her living room is mostly red, black, and tan so don’t you think this little beaut fit in perfectly?

 

ebay 001

Yup that is my latest and greatest thrift store find, but did you see what it looked like before?

thrift finds & pillow 002

And yes, I did actually manage to snag a “before” shot.  Surprised, speechless, I know.  Here are some other shots of how it turned out.

ebay 002ebay 003ebay 004

I love how it can now be used as a shelf, thanks to the removal of the outdated lattice.  My second favorite thing, is this hidden, little, blue door.  Ahhhh….What do you think she will store in it?  Hmmmm…

Lucky for me she had an amazing chair that was given to her that didn’t fit into her color scheme at all, but guess what…it sure fit into mine! 

As soon as I laid eyes upon her I fell in love.  You know how I like my curves, my tuftedness, and don’t forget my favorite color is green.  Have you guessed what I swapped for yet… dun, dun, DAAAA!

If you said a retro, lime green, super comfy, crushed velvet, swivel chair, you were right on the money!  Ladies and Gentlemen, here she is:

lime chair 001

She looks a tad bit yellow in this pic, she is actually a TRUE lime green.

lime chair 004

Check out those tufts, people!  Good thing I love the fabric, because it costs extra to reupholster when there are tufts!

Have you bartered lately?

 

Cheers!

No comments: