Friday, August 12, 2011

Before & After

My latest project has been a small white shelf. Here it is before I got a hold of it.

jewelrey holder and shelf 002

Actually I had gotten a hold of it. I filled in two holes with wood filler. Anyways here it is After:

wall shelf 006

I wanted this shelf to look like it had been weathered by the salt water of the Gulf. I wanted chippy paint, blues and grays, and nautical knobs. What do you think? Here’s the top:

wall shelf 001

And here is a close up of the knobs:

wall shelf 009

Don’t you just love them!?! Thanks Hobby Lobby for your amazing collection of knobs. Who would have ever known? I think this is going to look right at home in our master bedroom, which of course will be nautical themed, but I might sell it for the right price… :)

Cheers!

No comments: