Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Today I have a quite unusual item. I bought it because I really liked the design, but I didn’t really know what this “thing” was. I went home and googled my little heart out, until I found out that I had bought a cheese server. Now, I love me some cheese, but I have never in my life seen a reason for a cheese server! Anyways I re-purposed it into a jewelry holder. If you would like to purchase it I am selling it for $15. You can message me on here or through facebook.

wall art and pink scrub 001

Before

Where all that tan stuff is there used to be a spot to hold your cheese knife!

jewelrey holder and shelf 010

After

I painted it white, lightly distressed it, and added a black and white ribbon.

jewelrey holder and shelf 008

I also added some super cute knobs from Hobby Lobby. Notice the signature by “Wendy” in the corner.

jewelrey holder and shelf 007

The tile is actually cracked, but I think it adds to the charm. I like imperfections. Maybe I’m a little weird.

What do ya’ll think?

So, there is your thrifty Thursday for this week. Have you ever bought something old and turned it into something totally different?

Cheers!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

ugh you know what? I don't need a jewelry holder but I could sure use a cheese server!!!

haha jk. I love it. So cute!!!

twyliatepeka said...

oh wow! that is a cute idea! you made it look adoreable.

Meghan said...

kristen, you are crazy! really, have you ever used a cheese server? i'm glad you like.
thanks twylia!