Monday, August 8, 2011

Creative thinking, “In Your Dreams”!

So, I came up with this idea in my sleep, which is when I do most of my creative thinking. Do any of you come up with cool things when you are asleep or barely awake? Usually I have “creative block” (same idea as writer’s block), but I have found the more I think creatively and out of the box, the more ideas keep flowing. It has been quite strange and busy in my brain lately. I honestly believe it is because of this blog. This blog keeps me on my toes. I feel like I’m being pushed (in a good way) to think more! I love it.

This is what I have for you today. It is mostly for all you homeschooling mommies out there, or traveling buffs. Honestly This idea was triggered by Etsy and Pinterest. I’m not sure if someone else has ever thought of it before, probably, but I haven’t seen this exact thing, so I’m claiming it, lol.

Here are the two things that inspired me.

image

(For your info I just checked through Etsy and this is the only type of chalkboard globe they had).

image

(Here is the link to make your own chalkboard paint: chalkboard paint.)

Have you figured out what I want to do yet? My idea is to make two colors of chalkboard paint, one green, one blue. Then brush the chalkboard paint onto to globe (earth=green, water=blue, duh)! You have to be good at coloring in the lines for that part.

So, now you have a globe that is covered in chalkboard, but you can still see the water and the shape of the land.

What do you do next? Hmmm…how about teach your children the 7 continents or all the bodies of water on the earth? They can write the correct names in the correct places with chalk!

I’m not trying to toot my own horn, but I think it’s brilliant! I’ve been wanting to collect globes for our living room for such a long time. The only place I have seen them is on Etsy and they are WAY over priced. I guess I’ll just keep searching.

Anyways, I would love your input, especially those of you who homeschool.

Cheers!

No comments: