Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cheap Finds

chairs and vintage toys 042chairs and vintage toys 043

I found these chairs at a yardsale for $2.50 a piece. They were a light wood color and the canvas fabric was tan. I primed and then painted them heirloom white by Rustoleum. One chair was missing the back so I used canvas drop cloth to make a new one. I just looked at the back of the chair that I did have and sewed a new one.

I wanted a light blue color, so I used a Benjamin Moore paint sample in Gossamer Blue. It took two samples. I mixed the acrylic paint with fabric medium: 2 parts paint to 1 part medium, then painted on (2 coats). Let the coats dry in between. Heat set each coat by drying your fabric with a hair dryer.

So, there you have it. It only took me $5 to create these super cool movie star chairs! Don’t forget, you can find amazing deals at garage sales and thrift stores!

Cheers!

No comments: