Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What’s in Your Basket?

Lately the Industrial look has been sweeping into modern homes. Frankly, I’m really happy with it. This is one trend I hope sticks. If you know much about me, you know I love to mix modern with vintage. I feel that the industrial look fits right into my décor.

Like all of you, I struggle with storage solutions. There are many baskets, bins, crates, etc. on the market today. I’m going to give you a little tip, you can find amazing wire baskets at yard sales and thrift stores for little or nothing. Maybe I shouldn’t have told you that, because now when I look for them they will all be gone!

Here are some examples of what I do with my metal baskets:

basket 001

Usually I have fruit or potatoes or something more exciting in this basket I picked up for .50 at a yard sale. I just cleaned it up and used it like it was. I keep this one on my kitchen counter. I think it used to be a fry basket, but I’m not sure.

basket 006

This one my husband has had for years. I almost threw it away once or twice. I sure am glad we hung onto it. All of my cleaning supplies fit fantastically in it. This sure beats the cardboard box I was using under my sink!

basket 010

Since I seized the last basket for my cleaning supplies (it used to hold our sports equipment), I needed a new bigger basket. I found this at a thrift store for, you guessed it, .50. It was painted white, and I decided to freshen it up with some black satin paint by Rustoleum. This basket fits all of our balls, frisbee, glove, and rackets.

basket 009

So, there you have some cheap storage solutions I hope you can use!

Cheers!

No comments: